Blue Man Group at the Astor Place Theater seeks an experienced Assistant Box Office Treasurer. The Assistant Box Office Treasurer is responsible for supporting and assisting the Treasurer with all operations of the Box Office, as well as providing coverage as needed. Candidates should have several years of Box Office experience and great customer service skills. Responsibilities include overseeing all ticket operations, maintaining box office bank accounts, preparing advance report and box office statements, insuring good customer service and providing coverage for treasurer as needed. Must be outgoing, motivated self-starters who are able to multi-task within a busy work environment. Sense of humor, great customer service skills, and patience are a must.
- Maintain and follow the operations, procedures and systems of the Box Office.
- Interface with internal departments as well as external clients in facilitating information and the plans for ticket sales.
- Train Ticket Sellers (staff) on ticket sales procedures and customer service.
- Build future ticketed events and/or double-check the build of future events as directed by Treasurer.
- Adhere to accepted accounting procedures in order to maintain the financial integrity of the Box Office operations.
- Create and maintain a professional environment dedicated to serving customers, clients and promoting the mission of production/company.
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve customer issues. Provide prompt, professional, and friendly responses to customer complaints.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required (Minimum of 3-5 years)
- Must have working knowledge of Ticketmaster Ticketing & Reporting systems
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service.
- Must be detail-oriented and capable of following approved auditing requirements.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and inter-personal skills.
- Excellent computer skills including outlook, excel and word programs.
- Ability to multi-task and function at a high level in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess a willingness to embrace the mission, values and culture of the company and its performances in order to thoroughly assist customers with their purchases.
We are committed to building a creative and dynamic workplace that celebrates individual differences and diversity and treats everyone with fairness and respect. Our company does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local regulations.
Regular scheduled hours however some flexibility is necessary, as occasional nights, weekends, and holidays may be required. Additional availability during our busy holiday and spring break seasons are a must.
Position is available immediately.
Interested applicants should send (please include position title in subject line) cover letter, resume along with 2 references to:
Astor Show Productions
434 Lafayette Street
New York, NY 10003
No Phone Calls Please