To manage all aspects of the technical department, leading the crew to ensure the desired effect for the production is achieved.
Act as the Head Carpenter for the Blue Man Group World Tour, including but not limited to the following Key Responsibilities:
- Run the Load In / Load Out and lend assistance to other departments as needed
- Deputise for the Production Manager where necessary
- Ensure necessary equipment is on set when required
- Maintain and oversee all the technical elements of the show under the Head Carpenter’s jurisdiction, including set pieces, props, and equipment
- Execute general repair, maintenance, and/or restock of set pieces, props and equipment as needed
- Check all equipment is fit for purpose and safe to operate
- Maintain open communication with Stage Management and all other department heads about any technical problems or concerns through written and verbal notes
- Run the budget for the carpentry department and follow the Tour Manager’s procedures for using purchase orders and submitting receipts
- Participate in special projects, including: promotional activities and the installation of new automated show elements, as directed
- Act as the production manager for all outside gigs or ensure coverage for all outside gigs as needed
Proactive, takes initiative, problem solver, excellent communicator, good organisation skills, attention to detail, calm, confident, understanding, flexible and has a keen interest in travel.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION HERE.