Act as the Musical Instrument Technology Supervisor for the Blue Man Group World Tour, including but not limited to the following Key Responsibilities:
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all musical instruments specific to the production
- Ensure that the MIT department is maintained appropriately, oversee all purchases, and together assume responsibility for the department budget
- Prepare and tune the instruments used by the band before each show
- Repair or renovate damaged or worn instruments used in the show
- Develop systems, and implement inspection and maintenance procedures for all equipment and instruments; update maintenance and inspection records.
- All personnel are responsible for ensuring their own and their colleague’s safe working practice. Where issues arise, the Head Carpenter or Production Manager is to be informed.
- Participate in special projects including promotional activities and the introduction of new elements to the sound design of the show
- Cover, from time to time, the operation of the sound control console in a consistent manner for performances, rehearsal and maintenance operations as directed by the Sound Designer
- Perform other tasks and carry out projects as assigned to you by the Production Manager, General Manager or Producer from time to time.
Aptitude for managing people, intuitive, proactive, soul of discretion, takes initiative, good at problem solving, excellent communicator, good organisation skills and attention to detail, calm, confident, flexible, understands a sense of urgency and a keen interest in travel.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION HERE.